English+ supports new communities in Norwich who are isolated by a lack of English by providing high quality English language tuition free of charge – the majority of their work is with asylum seekers, refugees, spouses and parents of economic migrants. Beginning with just four students of one nationality in 2011, English+ now supports over 150 people of more than 30 nationalities, meeting at different church venues across the city every week. They also offer support for needs other than language learning by signposting and working in partnership with relevant networks.
TEN Creative is a Norwich-based design agency, specializing in branding, marketing and promotion for a wide range of clients across public, private and voluntary sectors. Clients include NPS Group, NHS, Norfolk County Council, Open Trust, Heritage Collective and Comm-tech.
English+ came to Norfolk ProHelp looking for a website that would help to raise their profile and reach potential participants, volunteers, partners and donors. They had no website at all and their only online presence was a page on the website of one of the churches who offer them a teaching venue. TEN Creative designed and built a whole new website, as well as providing advice on how to manage and maintain it. The value of this if charged for would have been £4,500.
“It has been a wonderful experience working with the team at TEN Creative on this project. The quality and design of the website exceeded all our expectations and really captures the essence of what we do at English+. Their support has been invaluable.”
Lauren Henery, Assistant Programme Co-ordinator, English+
The project delivered:
- A simple and effective website to inform potential and existing participants, volunteers and partners about the organisation’s activities
- An online platform that will raise the organisation’s profile, demonstrate authenticity and help them reach new beneficiaries and donors
- Increased visibility for the charity, meaning that newcomers to Norwich will be able to find out about English+ more quickly and easily
- A website with an air of professionalism and credibility – vital when speaking to new donors
- A very visual tool that makes it easier to explain what we do
“It was a delight to work closely with English Plus to support such a worthwhile cause and help improve the charity’s visibility, so that they can continue to grow and support more people within the local community.”
Kevin Matthews, Group Graphic Design Manager, TEN Creative